ACR Education Center Testing System (ECTS) is a system designed for the organization and automation of the process of certification and testing of the students and staff of ACR (American College of Radiology).
ECTS allows for:
- management training
- administration of training courses and training programs: the creation of e-courses and individual training facilities (tests, trainings)
- knowledge testing
- certification according to testing and training results
- assessment and analysis of education results
- statistical analysis of the created/used training materials and tests, including the number of students and staff who have successfully passed tests and courses
- statistical analysis of users registered in the system as trainees (test) and training (creating courses and individual tests)
The functionality and implementation details
Creation of test tasks
The system provides the staff of ACR an opportunity to simulate medical cases, creating each test case, with decision for each analysis and diagnosis. Courses created in the system, are categorized (there are different course types) and allows for the creation of standard and generalized procedures for processing the results of testing and training.
The process of testing
The teaching process is based on the principles of artificial intelligence. The trainee browses DICOM images appropriate to the medical occasion as created in the system, notes damage and diagnoses the disease. The system handles the answers of the student, indicates test tasks where the student was correct and incorrect. Each case is analyzed and shall be counted as successfully or unsuccessfully traversed by the student. When a certain number of successfully passed tasks is reached the student will be notified of successful certification.
On-line connection of the training and trainees
A student may indicate a doctor, that assists the course any time, he needs help or has any questions while completing the test.
The system provides features of statistical analysis, allowing for assesments regarding the complexity of the provided training tests and possible corrections to the training program.