What benefits can you guarantee?
All projects we take up carry the following guarantees:Confidentiality guarantee: All client details will be kept confidential.
Price guarantee: Minimum 60% cost-saving over on-site development.
Support guarantee: Free 3-12 months support for defect resolution.
Results guarantee: Progress-linked payments weighted toward the end.
How does my business benefit using custom software?
There are at least four major ways your business benefits from using custom software:
- Increasing efficiency by taking over routine activities from individuals, freeing them to deal with tasks where human attention is indeed vital.
- Reducing the risk of errors by removing human involvement from routine manual tasks.
- Cutting costs in office materials by eliminating unneeded paperwork and manual administration.
- Providing up-to-date information on your business by automating business processes, that you can track and analyze in real time.
What methods do you follow in design and development?
We follow the iterative model of development - an intermediate model between the traditional waterfall method and the extreme programming methods. In this methodology, once the preliminary requirements are clarified, the next step is to quickly build the prototype of the website/web application. From then on, the process is one of a continuing evolution of this prototype until it becomes the final product, exact to specifications.
What are the indications that my business needs custom software?
Some indications that your business could do better with custom software are:
- Having to reenter the same, or similar data into multiple software applications.
- Producing large amount of printed material, where supply of data could be substituted with electronic means.
- Sending regular notifications to your clients manually.
- Keeping your website up-to-date by hand with data obtained from software applications or documents.
- Doing tedious calculations on regular intervals to get information out of your business activities.
How do you assure confidentiality?
- We sign NDAs and Confidentiality Agreements as required by you.
- All our employees are full-time employees, and are bound by the company Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure clauses.
- Additionally, for sensitive projects, we create isolated cells disconnected from any public network.
- At a practical level, all CD-Writers need authorization for usage. Internet uploads larger than a threshold also need authorization.
Can you guarantee time-bound results?
Yes; in some cases we bear project risks even before the first payment.
How can I be confident of the quality and reliability?
Our developers are dedicated to producing quality code. We have formal processes to keep quality under tight control, including periodic code reviews and design walk-throughs. We concentrate on being first-time right, and believe the creation-step itself should be strong.
Every project goes through the hands of suitable QA/testing professionals, under stringent test-plans including black-box testing, white-box testing, test regression, usage analysis etc.
We are worried about support; how do you handle this issue?
This is our strong point, and shows our confidence in our work. We issue free 3-12 month defect resolution for all our development, unconditionally.
Can you come on-site?
Yes we do, where required. This may be especially useful in initial requirements gathering, final implementation or other pain points. In such cases, our consultants will work on-site at pre-decided rates.
What control do we have over the project?
You will have ability to keep close control over the project. Our assigned Project Manager will be your single point-of-contact for all issue resolution, and will work closely with your guidelines.
How do we keep ourselves informed about progress?
We will send you regular project status reports. We use a combination of pre-determined update schedules (normally email) and ad-hoc meetings (usually tele-conferences, or live chat).
We like the idea, but are unsure. Can we do a Pilot Project?
CPI welcomes you to try our services. You may choose to have us do a Pilot Project. We have always succeeded in continuing the relationship after demonstration of ability in a pilot project.
Our preferred Pilot Project is either the first sub-system of a larger project, or an independent project that completes within itself. Pilot Projects are typically within 2-4 weeks' duration.
We invest the same time and energy in Pilot Projects as real projects. You would find the pilot of sufficient quality to continue on the same code. In this sense, Pilots are very different from prototypes.